We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in the circumstances set out below). We will keep it on a secure server and we will fully comply with all applicable UK Data Protection and consumer legislation from time to time in place.
When you purchase tickets, make a donation, complete a contact form or otherwise send us a request for our support, we will ask you to input and will collect Personal Information from you. We confirm that any Personal Information which you provide to us and any User Information from which we can identify you, is held in accordance with the Data Commissioner’s Office. We use your information only for the following purposes:
- Processing your orders;
- Updating and enhancing membership records and those of other related Round Table activities;
- To enable submission and review of requests for our support;
- To enable processing of donations we receive and reclaim of related Gift Aid;
- For statistical or survey purposes to improve this Website and its services to you;
- To serve website content;
- To administer this website;
You agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your Personal Information and /or User Information, we are entitled do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to the Website and any transmission is at your own risk. If you suspect any misuse or loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information please let us know immediately by using the Contact Us form.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes or release your Personal Information to any organisation outside of Newton Stewart and District Round Table for mailing or marketing purposes without your consent.
Sharing your information with third parties
We will share your information primarily to facilitate the order management, payment and delivery processes. We may share your information with any of the following groups:
- third party outsourced IT providers where we have an appropriate data processing agreement (or similar protections) in place;
- if we have to share your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements
Where we store your information
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to the third parties described in Sharing Information with third parties. We want to make sure that your personal information is stored and transferred in a way which is secure. We will therefore only transfer data outside of the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, for example:
- by transferring your data to an entity which has signed up to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework for the transfer of personal information from entities within the EU to entities in the United States of America or any equivalent agreement in respect of other jurisdictions;
- by transferring your data to a country where there has been a finding of adequacy by the European Commission in respect of that country’s levels of data protection via its legislation; or
- where you have consented to the transfer.
The Website may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites.